Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Look At You

“Where do you come from? Where are you going? “– Joran Greef


These two questions were posed to a class of about 100 students yesterday. A young man, so nervous in his stance, yet resolute in his speech asked these questions and made me stop and re-think my life for a little while.

Where do you come from? Where are you going?


Joran was a guest lecturer for one of my courses, New Venture Planning, and in all honesty I expected him to talk about how he started his venture, how he failed but kept his head high until success was realized. But he didn’t say any of that, and quite frankly I am glad he didn’t. Instead, he took the lives of icons, opened our eyes to these icons while delicately weaving a lesson; a lesson that perhaps requires some soul searching, but is valuable and worthy of mentioning.

In doing so, he induced in me the need to have a concrete answer for these two questions, for in the answers to them, lays my purpose, my reason for being, my passions….

I thought about it for a while…and when prompted again with the question, I answered:

“I come from the place I seek and endeavor to return to: at my Father’s feet”

Yes… my life is a journey in this big world… I am only a traveler, passing by. This world is not my home. I am the sojourner, and my destination is my home…my destination is at the throne of the King of kings and Lord of lords… at my Father’s feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment